Sunday, October 25, 2015

Magis Award







 Image result for The Magis

So I've just been awarded the Magis Award, which gives me license to spend the next two years of my life doing nearly whatever it is that I want to.  The question, then, is what will I do with the next two years of my life.  Of course, this seems like the perfect opportunity to pursue the passions that have ultimately seemed out of reach for me due to financial hindrance.  This is good because the award does not actually effect the path of my future much.  The award mainly adds some security to my endeavors.
Image result for Los AngelesFor the first twelve months of my journey I would travel to Los Angeles and put absolutely all of my time and effort into acting and modeling.  This would consist mostly of acting, and making a name for myself on the screen.  I would audition, film, take classes, attend camps, and write plays and screen plays.  With the money that will be provided me, I will be able to focus on acting without having to worry about supporting myself.  This also means that I can choose the parts I want based on the effect they may have on the world and society, not to mention, my career.  Hopefully, by the end of this very intense year, I have created some sort of reputation for myself and have a budding career in the film industry.  This year may run over a few months into the second year.
The next twelve months I will get my tuition paid for med school and begin classes.  The movies I had made during the previous year should accrue enough money to pay for the next three years of med-school.  I will get med-school completed, and before I go into residency, but after I have been accepted I will get permission to defer for another year while I film another movie.  This will help me to achieve just a few of my many goals while also building the ground work to achieve many of my greater goals.
As an actor and a doctor, I will have set an example for people to break away from the American mentality that if you do not specialize, you won't be good at what you do.  That is wholly untrue, and actually I think that this mentality hinders people from reaching their full potentials.  Also film is a great way to reach and influence the public, as is medicine.  Through both of these mediums I will be able to influence humanity for the better.  Perhaps this is my opportunity to make real change in the world.
Image result for Change
Not to mention, by this point the money that I will have will be self-sufficient.  Meaning that I will be a doctor and an actor and the original money from the Magis Award will have manifested itself in success and replication.  This money will help me to have the impact that I am looking for in the world.  I will be able to travel and talk with people of all ages and backgrounds and help them to change and realize their lives and purposes.  Some of this change may be simplification, but it will all ultimately be for the better.

All of this greatness will come from just two years of nearly unlimited funding from the Magis Award.  Wow! Wouldn't it be pretty to think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment